As of yesterday, Amy and I have been married for six years, and I somehow never got around to actually saying the words, “happy anniversary.”
Never fear, we had our now-traditional dinner at Pauli’s on Saturday night. If you live in Huntsville, and you haven’t eaten at this place, treat yourself to it at some point. It’s worth it. (edited 22 November 2015: Pauli’s has been closed for quite a long time now. We actually ate there in 2013 with her mother and her mother’s husband [her father was already dead].) As for the rest of the weekend, well, it was pretty normal: I was lazy, and she worked on more stuff for Dragon*Con.
So, we didn’t have a big celebration or anything. Nevertheless, I meant to at least mention it yesterday. So, instead, I’ve decided to post a few of the many reasons I’m so happy she clubbed me over the head (just like it happens to every geek guy I know). Happy anniversary, dear. And since you asked, yes, I’m definitely keeping you. 🙂
* I’m convinced that she’s the only reason I know as many cool people as I do.
* She doesn’t mind when I get buried in some kind of computer project, because she’s likely to be buried in her own.
* Her music sounds better on my hand-picked component stereo than mine does.
* She reminds me that reaching beyond my comfort zone every once in a while is a good thing.
* She knew even without asking that what I needed more than anything last Monday was to be alone and write for a while.
* Who else would do such a cool web site design for me?
* She appreciates geeky gifts.
* She’s perhaps one of the most determined people I know.
* She has faith that I can handle things that not even I would believe I could.
Here’s to the next six, Amy. I think we’ll make it yet. 🙂 (edited 22 November 2015: Well, we did, but not very much farther. *shrug*)