As you read these posts, keep in mind that each of these amendments required either unanimous vote of the state legislature or a majority in a state-wide popular vote.
added July 4, 2014: I noticed that this never got published. I’m not sure why not, but my first guess is that I was still working on it a bit at a time. Well, even without the wreck, I wouldn’t be able to remember the emotional details that I was shooting for. So, I’m just going to come up with an approximate date and go ahead and publish it. –Jeff
–original content is below–
I’ve been trying to figure out how to write about my recent awesome vacation to San Francisco. I realized that if I concentrated on what I did, it would sound like an elementary school report. Instead, I’m going to give a shot at talking about how I felt about some of the things I did and saw. If nothing else, it will be more original. 🙂
Just over 2 years ago, I posted here about an old friend I had gotten back in touch with after many years. This last week while I was on vacation Amy helped me get a picture that’s about 18 years in the making:
The long chat outside the Ferry Building was so worth the sunburn. 🙂
I really want to be writing about my recent trip to San Francisco, but that requires more brain cycles and time than I have available right now. In the meantime, here’s the first post in what I hope to make a series here.
Sunday 4:55 PM (PDT! pppbbbbt!)
If you open this you take it.
You are NOT ALLOWED to explain ANYTHING unless someone messages you and asks.
Tag 15 people, including the person you got this from.
Answer True or False
Q: Kissed someone on your friends list? True
Q: Been arrested? False
Q: Held a snake? True
Q: Been suspended from school? False
Q: Sang karaoke? False
Q: Done something you told yourself you wouldn’t do? True
Q: Laughed until you started crying? True
Q: Caught a snowflake on your tongue? True
Q: Kissed in the rain? False
Q: Sang in the shower? True
Q: Sat on a roof top? True
Q: Been pushed into a pool with all your clothes on? False
Q: Broken a bone? True
Q: Shaved your head? True
Q: Played a prank on someone? True
Q: Shot a gun? True
Q: Donated Blood? False
1. You hung out with? Amy
2. You texted? Catherine
3. You were in a car with? Amy
4. Went to the movies with? Amy
5. Person you went to shop with? Amy
6. You talked on the phone? Amy
7. Made you laugh? Amy
8. You hugged? Amy
IN THE LAST 48 HOURS HAVE YOU…
1. Sang? Yes
2. Listened to music? Yes
3. Danced Crazy? No
4. Cried? No
25 (actually 17) FIRSTS …..
1. Who was your first prom (or homecoming) date? N/A
2. Who was your first roommate? John Newton
3. What alcoholic beverage did you drink when you got drunk the first time? strawberry daiquiri
4. What was your first job? deli cook
5. What was your first car? Driven? 1974 Ford Courier. Owned? 1976 Volkswagen Beetle
6. When did you go to your first funeral and viewing? can’t remember
7. Who was your first grade teacher? Cathy Morrow
8. Where did you go on your first ride on an airplane? Grand Cayman Island
10. When you snuck out of your house for the first time? I never did.
11. Who was your first best friend? first one I remember is a guy named Stephen
12. Who was your first Best Friend in high school? John Hancock
13. Where was your first sleepover? can’t remember
14. Who is the first person you call when you have a bad day? Amy
15. Who’s wedding were you in the first time you were a Bridesmaid or groomsman? Rick & Jess
16. What is the first thing you did when you got up this morning? put on clothes
24. First time you tied your shoe laces? kindergarten
25. Are you Facebook friends with your first crush? no
This post is a rant about what I think is a pretty decent idea gone pretty badly wrong. The idea is something called “Wi-Fi Protected Setup.”
A section of an IM conversation with a college friend tonight:
Me: So, Amy’s going to end up in Detroit teaching some folks about Drupal.
Tony: Cool. Are they providing a flak jacket?
Me: Quite possibly. We also figure she needs to take an extra $50 with her so that she can buy a house and a few acres of land.
Tony: Heck. With $50 she could buy half of GM.
Me: …and all of Chrysler.
Tony was my roommate for a year. We lived in a ghetto-like apartment, him this big black guy, and me the scrawny little white boy. I used to joke occasionally that I was his bodyguard.
Anyway, Tony is the king of the snappy comeback. Keeping up with him for a few lines tonight was an accomplishment. 🙂
New spam below which somehow managed to bypass the big G’s normally awesome spam filtering. “Jessica” says she’ll do anything I would like to see live on cam. Poll for the readers: what should we ask “Jessica” to do on cam?
hi, I found your mail in my contact list
i thought we might make a good match
Do you want to see me live on cam?
I will do anything you would like to see
Do you have a messanger? if so you can add me with yahoo or msn messenger
–obvious phishing email address removed–
P.s look forward to catching up soon 😉
A friend tagged me with this one on Facebook. I know I’ve done ones similar to this before, but it’s been a long time. We’ll see what this scares out of the woodwork.